Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I send computer memory just in a bubble wrap?

I'm in UK and sending computer RAM to my friend. Do I need special packaging or just the bubble wrap will do? Are there any regulations that prohibit this? Thanks.|||Bubble wrap will be fine and then just put it in a padded envelope when you buy ram online it comes in bubble wrap and a padded envelope you just need to make sure its packaged properly other wise it can get damaged.|||You need a silver ESD envelope or pink ESD foam. The electronic scanning devices they use to scan packages can damage the RAM otherwise. Plain bubble wrap or foil (what an odd answer) does nothing.|||I would suggest an inner wrap in aluminum foil to protect the RAM from static. An outer layer (outside the bubble wrap) of cardboard will help protect the RAM from folding. It should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment