Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the best way to transport your computer tower when you fly somewhere?

I am moving from California to NY, and I am trying to figure out the best way to move my computer tower. Can I bring it on as part of my carry on baggage? Or do I need to check it. If I do check it, do I need to take any extra precuations besides proper packaging (is it necessary to remove the hard drive or anything like that). Thanks for any suggestions!|||I just took my husbands computer from Virginia to California. I checked it because I had other things to carry on. I bubble wrapped it up and put it in a durable suitcase. It arrived in one piece and works fine. You can carry it on as it fits the dimensions but with new guidelines I doubt that they will let you now. Hope this helps.|||Mail it to yourself.|||how about if you ups it to your new address.|||yes you should remove the hard drive and other components because the x-ray will mess them all up. actullay, i would not even take it on a plane. i know of one guy he had his laptop in a case, but all the security people saw was wires and stuff, so they blew it up. I would be really careful.|||Why not get it shipped with the rest of your belongings? gotta be one of the easiest and cheapest options.... If you arent taking any other belongings, save the probable cost by buying an external hard drive - copy everything on to it and then treat yourself to a new pc when you move!|||with computer's /laptop's they will ask you to open the box and remove it as they need to scan it so if its a desktop pc be-ready coz at the airport they will ask you what is in the box when you say its a computer they will tell you it has to be open for then to scan it its secutity scan on computers/ laptops you have to take it out the box


you can take a laptop on the plane to use if you want but a desktop pc with go in the baggage part of the plane and when the plane takes off and land's your desktop pc may get damage so the safe way for your desktop is to drive to ny if you can and put the desktop pc in the back of your car in its box and drive all the way to ny that way your desktop pc will be safe if you send it on the flight from California to NY desktop pc will go in the baggage part laptop's can go with you on the plane so its not a good thing to do if its a desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment