Tuesday, September 27, 2011

If you bought a Dell computer recently, did you pay extra for MS word? If you didn't, are you wishing you did?

Alot of the computer packages Dell is offering do not include MS Word. You have to pay extra to get it. I have an older version from my previous computer, and was thinking of just loading that to save a couple of bucks. Any reason I might regret this?|||No I don't regret not having any of the Microsoft Office products, because Open Office is free. Why would I fork out extra cash when I can spend it on beer %26amp; pizza instead? Yum!





http://www.openoffice.org/





As for you loading your older version of Microsoft Word, yes you can. Of course, you should uninstall the previous copy first as you'll only have a single license. I'd still use Open Office though, as you get the latest one. And you can install it as many times as you like!





I'll get the beers...|||My sister in law did. She bought a Dell, and didn't get it because she never uses it. Well, she has had occasion since to want to use it, and wishes she had gotten it.|||mine came with it but i accidently erased it and i wish i didnt...|||I wish I did|||Most newer versions are backwards compatible, but you may not be able to open a newer version.





Compare the price that Dells is offering for Word vs in-store/online prices...|||No.. I have my already existing copy of MS Office 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment