Sunday, September 18, 2011

Which is better building your own PC or getting a packaged Mac computer?

I think people are splitting hairs with the whole Mac and PC. PC means Personal Computer. All building a Mac means is to put a Mac Operating system on it. It is not as far fetched as most people thinhk if they are building a computer from scratch. I've put Mac OS X on my Dell Inspiron 1501 but it is much harder to do it that way then just build it.





Okay back to your question. Is it better to build your own PC then to buy a Mac, Yes. Mac, Dell, Acer, ect no matter the brand it will always be better and cheaper to build your own computer.





Your second question. Is it possible to build your own Mac laptop or desktop, Yes but with some stipulations. Google Hackintosh and you'll find hundreds of people who have put Mac OS on their non-Mac PCs. You can do it but it requires some ability.





Licensed or pirated it still requires you to know every little aspect of your built computer. I don't recommend this for the faint of heart because it can can very time consuming especially if you have to patch the OS which will require some programing knowledge. There are step by step instructions that anyone can follow but missing one step will set you back tremendously.





Most importantly you have to ask yourself do you really need a Mac OS? If you're doing this because you prefer macs and don't what to pay that ridiculous mac price or use them for your job go for it. If not I don't recommend this. It's a pain, you can have some serious hardware issues that you''ll need to trouble shoot, and it might fail in the end anyways.





If you're still hellbent in doing it just do it. It will broaden you knowledge of computers and you'll be more knowledgeable in the end even if you fail. I don't care what anybody says, putting OS X on a Dell Inspiron 1501 was one of the funniest things I have ever shown my friends.|||I just wanted to say that it is also possible to build a "Hackintosh". Here are some links about that.|||Build your own, because when I compared the price of a new mac, and the price of all the parts for your own custom computer, they were dramatically different, and they had nearly the same stats.|||I'd say go for a PC which is more practical, it's cheaper too!





For hardware recommendations, I would strongly suggest you go to http://www.GeekPolice.net and ask what hardware to choose from for free. I recently got my new PC recommendations from them, and am very pleased with what I got.|||I can say from experience that it is much much cheaper to build a pc than it is to build a mac.|||Hi,


I think that it is a lot better to buy a Mac. Macs are a lot better than PCs. I do not recommend building your own Mac.





Good Luck!|||velocitymicro.com build to suit:





(All) Intel components ; processor and mobo.


(X2) DVD ; and CD-RW drives


OCZ 450watt PSU


Ati HD4830 512MB DDR4


Keyboard and mouse


Vista Home Premium


$1,023


Shipping:$80|||If you can get good parts, building your own PC is much better. You do have to do a little research though.

No comments:

Post a Comment