Friday, September 23, 2011

Can anyone recommend a good all inclusive security package for the computer?

Since taking up talktalkbroadband and using their security package (F-Secure), I'm having trouble with my computer. Sometimes I'm unable to access websites, one particular one has an 'activexcontrol' box appear. One time I couldn't access my hotmail or delete or send mail on bt.yahoo mail. I have often done a system restore which solved the problem of the mail but am still unable to get rid of the activex box without the page closing down. I have even tried adjusting the security setting, which sometimes lets me get through but mostly not. The conclusion seems to be it must be the security package which I opted to have, since I had no trouble previously.|||ActiveX is used by Internet Explorer, get Firefox and see if it works.





Good Luck!|||Windows defender is very good anbd its free from microsoft.com as long as you have a legal copy of XP. Doesn't have an antivirus but you can by them for cheap or even get some versions free:





good antvirus companies:


McAfee


Norton


AVG|||Go for linux . Fedora. Its free. I use it without hassels.|||One of the best all inclusive security systems that I've found is McAfee but EZ-TRUST is in my opinion even better given that it is done in "real time" and screens for EVERYTHING ...it even gives you the option of what programs and what servers you would like to allow access to the net......the only drawback is that it has a pricetag of about $100 for the whole system ....but in my opinion....VERY WELL WORTH IT.....|||Before listening to any advice kindly read from the following site


http://www.cert.org/homeusers/HomeComput鈥?/a>|||ok...


- spyware doctor - for Killing spywares


- Zone alarm Firewall - For Blocking internet attack


- Avast or avg or if possible Trend Micro antivirus......





%26gt;%26gt; if you use Ewido anti-spyware... it's ultimate... it's Fine.. AV firewall.. + Spyware Killer... nice.. http://www.ewido.net|||To tell you the truth there isn't really ONE good security packages out there. There are so many of them that all they do is block your access to the internet and certain programs in your computer. I recently downloaded the secretmaker and it keeps turning off my internet connection, heck even Norton Antivirus is giving me problems. Honestly though, no mater how much security measures you take, viruses and hackers will find a way to get in there.|||Bit Defender is the bomb.|||Serendipity! I was just perusing a mag this morning over coffee that addressed this very subject!!





In the March, 2006 edition of COMPUTER SHOPPER, they rated the top Internet security suites around. The winner (and the one I'm using) is the ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6. It received 8 out of 10 points and is easily affordable at $69.95 boxed or downloaded.





The Editors of CS put it up against F-Secure (7.3/10), McAfee (6.3), Norton (6.0) and PC-cillin (7.8). Check out their website: www.computershopper.com





No, I'm not a rep from the magazine...just a computer geek who lost her computer in an attack and was crippled for weeks afterward!|||All in one security packages can be problematic since you are relying on the effectiveness of one product to provide you with a firewall, antivirus, antispyware etc. Zonealarm has one and also Bitdefender. Check it out


- http://www.zonelabs.com/store/applicatio鈥?/a>


- http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-72-en鈥?/a>|||PC-Cillin by Trend is very good.





Installs quickly and simply.


You can tweek it as much as you like - but better still you can just leave it alone and it will still be ok.





It does require a subscription for updates - which can be set very frequent. I have mine set to every few hours. It will then update totally in the background if you wish.





Install it and them forget it is there - Great, never let me down yet and I have 8 computers using it.|||norton is very good i have used it for a year and never had a problem you simply check for updates every now and then and it scans on its own every friday night

No comments:

Post a Comment