Friday, September 23, 2011

I need to return something do I need the packaging?

I just baught an audio cable to connect my computer to my tv. After I took the cable out of the packaging I realised that it won't be able to give me audio with the picture. Can I now return this out of the packaging and do I need the packaging and receipt?|||If the product is as described and is not faulty and you chose it yourself, the retailer has no obligation to take it back at all.


The only exception to this would be for distance selling - ie mail order or internet where you have a short time period to return items.


Returned items should be in a 're-saleable' condition.





If you asked the seller for his advise before purchase and the goods are not fit for the stated purpose, you can return the item for a refund, but he will reasonably expect the item to be in good condition and could make a deduction for missing items such as the packaging etc.





Note the above applies in the UK only|||no you will only need the recipt|||yes you need both

No comments:

Post a Comment