Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I record from my Nady SP1 Microphone and Stand Package to my computer?

There is a Stand a Thick cord and a mic, but the cord (obviously) doesn't have a USB cord. I need to know if I can buy something (if possible, cheap) or should I return it.|||That mic has what's called an "XLR" connector, so you'd need an XLR to USB converter. Unfortunately, you're looking at dropping at least $60 on the converter, and $100 if you want a decent one.





Considering you can pick up a decent USB condenser mic for what the converter will run (and you'll end up with better sound to boot), I'd return the Nady and pick up a nice USB mic.





The SP1 isn't a great microphone (it's not terrible, but it's not wonderful either), and it sounds like it's not really ideal for what you're wanting to do. A decent USB mic will make your life easier than futzing around with a converter for a so-so microphone, and be cheaper as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment