Sunday, September 18, 2011

How to use a sub woofer as an amp for speakers for computer?

I am thinking it will be more economical to buy a sub woofer and use my exsisting speakers to listen to my computer than to buy a nice computer speaker/subwoofer package. questions:


1) I have no stereo so I would be using the sub woofer as an amp. Can I do this?


2) If I can, how would I connect the computer to the sub woofer.


3) Is there a way I can rig up a volume control rather than having to use the one on the computer screen or use the sub woofers volume control - I want one handy right at my finger tips, next to my drums|||the amp in the sub only runs the sub.|||well if your saying the sub does not have a built in amp...then no you cant but if it does it should have other outputs if it does not have any other outputs you can add the other speakers but depending on the power the amp has...but you would need to open the amp and put two cables where the woofer is...now if you do this you would need to buy crossovers for the speakers so the low frequency wont mess up the other two speakers now...if they are little speakers you might as well get another system...

No comments:

Post a Comment