Sunday, September 18, 2011

How does one go about shipping a desktop computer internationally?

I would like to ship one or more desktop computers from the United States to Peru. I would like the computers to arrive in Peru in May or June. What is the best way to package a computer so that it won't get damaged while being shipped? Also, what company/organization should I use to ship the computers if I want to keep the cost as low as possible?|||A) Have it packaged professionally.


B) Use a MAJOR Carrier (FedEx, UPS) that guarantee point to point International Delivery.


C) Beware Customs fees, on both sides.


I once sent a computer to South America. It cost me $185 to send it "Cargo". Then when it got there, they (The Post Office in Paraguay) wanted another $150 before releasing the package to my wife's cousin - crooked jerks!


Needless to say, I did not apply the 3 rules above.

No comments:

Post a Comment