Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where can i put my Computer components?

Ok so i need to take some stuff out of my computer.But i dont have the origanal packaging to set it in.So where or what else could i set in on?|||You could try a table.


your only enemy is static. Just be smart as to where you put it. Don't put it on anything that is a cloth or that may come in contact with water.





I have to say, I don't aggree with leaving the case plugged in. You are grounding it, but there is no reason to. All you need to do is ground yourself to the case, not the wall outlet. Don't leave it plugged in. Bad call buddy.





Also a grounded mat is good and I gues that you will be taking a chance with a table, but I have been doing this for years and a table (not metal) has never done me wrong yet.|||Just set it on the desktop or tabletop - use some newspaper to cushion the parts. Make sure the power cord is plugged in - that's tight - plugged IN. This grounds the case, and you as well if you keep one hand on the case.|||On a grounded work mat - available from Fry's.


.


Read up on electro-static discharge and how it affects electornic components, you will see why you don't set on newspaper, the table, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment